Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bailleul (F) during the Great War

bencasto

The historical and archeological circle of Bailleul ( french flanders)has organise a very interesting exposition of Bailleul during the GW.The life in the little city during the conflict,with trench maps ,pictures of the airports,of the casualty clearing stations,the ruins,the cemeteries ...

Bailleul suffered 3 differents occupations :2 germans and 1 british.

Many differents armies from differents countries:Canadians, Australians,New Zealand, Hindous,Germans...

If you are Visiting the salient, it's just 15 kms from Yper.The entry is free and at the end,you can buy the book that explain the GW in Bailleul,230 pages only in French but who will be printed in English next year.

The exposition is in Salle peguy just beind the town hall close to the church.Easy to park your car.

The exposition ended the October 27 ! but if you miss it you would find that very good publication in the library in front of the town hall.

Many thanks for the "Heads up" Ben, I always stop in Bailleul when I'm in the Flanders area, unfortunately I won't be able to get over until the exhibition has closed.

Please keep us informed as to when the book will be published in English, and post the information regarding where and how to purchase here on the forum...thank you Ben....

regards

Tom

Ok, but it's a long job for the members of the society and they have chared the pages... Nothing before April they sayd .

Anyway the book would be sold in the bookshop " La Bailleuloise " just opposite the town hall.

Thank you Ben, I look forward to seeing it...good luck...

regards

Tom