Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

George E Tilley Lincs & MGC

lee44002

Hi all been a while since last on. Could anyone shed any info on this chap;-

1722 Pte George E Tilley Lincs Regt, also 141536 MGC. Entered France 2/3/15. Entitled to 14-15 Trio

Other than that I have no info, unfortunately I don't have any MGC rolls and that's were his details are recorded.

Any help appreciated

Thanks Lee.

Thanks for those, anything better than nothing. Gets has Lincs battalion at least. Any chance of a full copy of each for my record file for him please.

If I send a couple of other names with MGC MiC's could you give me those as well please.

I have most of the Lincolns medals rolls but nothing else.

Lee.

War Diary for 1/4 Lincolns from his landing in France on 2 Mar 1915 is at Kew under WO95/2691/1 and runs through to 1918 when they amalgamated with 2/4 Battalion and were then called 4 Battalion.

It's worth a look round to see if a regular happening occurred with regard to MG units. His Infantry Brigade 138 (of 46 Division) had a 138 Machine Gun Company and there is a possibility that he moved sideways to that unit from within the Brigade,and later,in 1918,when each Division had a Machine Gun Battalion,that he moved into that as well.

Thanks for those, anything better than nothing. Gets has Lincs battalion at least. Any chance of a full copy of each for my record file for him please.

If I send a couple of other names with MGC MiC's could you give me those as well please.

I have most of the Lincolns medals rolls but nothing else.

Lee.

Hi,

PM me.

Steve

War Diary for 1/4 Lincolns from his landing in France on 2 Mar 1915 is at Kew under WO95/2691/1 and runs through to 1918 when they amalgamated with 2/4 Battalion and were then called 4 Battalion.

It's worth a look round to see if a regular happening occurred with regard to MG units. His Infantry Brigade 138 (of 46 Division) had a 138 Machine Gun Company and there is a possibility that he moved sideways to that unit from within the Brigade,and later,in 1918,when each Division had a Machine Gun Battalion,that he moved into that as well.

The 138th war diary has a list of units that made up the corps, Thanks for your info.

Lee