Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

de Ruvigny

Grovetown

de ruvigny

" No second edition of the Marquis de Ruvigny’s Roll of Honour has ever been published. What you are viewing is a copy of the original and only edition. "

I think what we see must be the original version. Where the originals are kept, I don't know?

" It includes nearly 7,000 photographs of the deceased soldiers, sailors and airmen. Like all old photographs taken from printed books, some are of a higher quality than others. Indeed some were taken from newspapers at the time of original publication. "

Mike

de ruvigny

" No second edition of the Marquis de Ruvigny’s Roll of Honour has ever been published. What you are viewing is a copy of the original and only edition. "

I think what we see must be the original version. Where the originals are kept, I don't know?

" It includes nearly 7,000 photographs of the deceased soldiers, sailors and airmen. Like all old photographs taken from printed books, some are of a higher quality than others. Indeed some were taken from newspapers at the time of original publication. "

Mike

Content for the book was, I believe, amassed from biographies and photographs submitted mostly by parents/ wives of casualties. Consequently, I was wondering what happened to those original images....if not returned to the sender.

For instance, I have a tunic to a casualty featured in de Ruvigny and the image quality in the N&M reprint is rubbish (as often the case with N&M). It would be brilliant to find the original pic and perhaps get a copy of it.

Cheers,

GT.

G.T.: There are other reprints of the De Ruvigny Roll of Honour than the N&M Press version and some of the photos in that roll of honour are available in other rolls of honour. What is your man's name?

GT I agree with Rflory, if you give his name I will see if he is in the two original issues I have with better quality pictures than the reprints.

The same photo from Northamptonshire and the Great War. If you would like a higher-resolution photo PM me your email address and I can send one to you.

post-765-0-74361000-1381442921_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tom: much better than my efforts.

The same photo from Northamptonshire and the Great War. If you would like a higher-resolution photo PM me your email address and I can send one to you.

Brilliant - thanks. PM sent.

And BTW, below is the tunic. Definitely his and a penny to a pound, the same one as in the picture.

Paget1-Copy_zps0e35e154.jpg

Cheers,

GT.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Charles or Geoffrey Trevor-Roper is in either of your two volumes - or in any other source? Better photos would be great!

Phil

Those are the two - they look like the Ancestry images? I am hoping they are in MuseumTom's original volumes and hence better photos might be available (especially Geoffrey).

They are in volume four which is not part of the original two volumes.

A bit more on Paget......

post-357-0-49593900-1383144939_thumb.jpg

post-357-0-94720300-1383144980_thumb.jpg

post-357-0-70262500-1383145043_thumb.jpg