Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

paul leighton

http://paulcj71979.wix.com/leighton-war-medals
this is a link for anyone who would like to view my medal collection to the same surname as myself "leighton"
also the family name of Ferrige & Jones.
it's taken over ten years to get to the stage that its now at and I've still got a long way to go.
I'm trying to add more info each day, the problem is that it's spread over laptops, hard drives, computers, various forums and lots of paper,but it's up and viewable. feel free to contact me with any info or mistakes spotted as all help is welcome
thanks for looking
Paul Leighton
http://paulcj71979.wix.com/leighton-war-medals

very nice, do you have any info on Thomas Alfred Leighton, 5380649 Lance Serjeant A T Leighton 1st Battalion Oxford and Bucks light infantry, killed 13 Aug 1944.

Hi Garry,

His pay book was on ebay last year

I copyed the photo and the details that came with it for my records

Soldier's Service and Pay Book.

Issued to 5380649 L/Cpl Alfred Thomas Leighton, 1st Bn. Oxford & Bucks Light Infantry.

L/Cpl Leighton was killed in action on 13th August 1944 in Normandy, and is buried at the Banneville-La-Campagne war cemetery.

The pay book lists his training and employment details. It also shows that his wife lived in Lye, Stourbridge, Worcestershire.

Also included is a Field Service Post Card sent by Leighton to his wife (prior to their marriage), dated 1st June 1940. Looks to be postmarked "Tonbridge" but indistinct. Possibly sent after being rescued from Dunkirk.

best wishes

paul leighton

• 2 months later...