Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MetalMark666

Hello.

I'm trying to find a list of British regiments/battalions/divisions etc. that were involved in the battle at Passchendaele. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

MetalMark

Welcome to the forum. There is a detailed order of battle in the back of Chris McCarthy's book - Passchendaele, a day by day account - all the way down to battalion level. You can get copies through inter-library loans. It's what I generally use for reference.

Kind regards

Colin

MetalMark

Welcome to the forum. There is a detailed order of battle in the back of Chris McCarthy's book - Passchendaele, a day by day account - all the way down to battalion level. You can get copies through inter-library loans. It's what I generally use for reference.

Kind regards

Colin

hi Colin,

Is this book strictly about Passchendaele, or does it include the action from July 31st.

Thanks,

Hazel

Hazel

It does exactly what it says on the tin providing information on what every division in the line was doing from 31st July 1917 to the end of the battle. Whilst '3rd Ypres' might have been better on the title it's an excellent reference book. I'm not sure how quickly you might be able to get a copy through the library - I thought it was getting a bit rare.

If you just need the order of battle the link given by John above is also sound but you will need to look up the division(s) you are interested in separately on the LLT. It is likely that the LLT will mirror the book.

Kind regards

Colin

There have been discussions on the Forum about the going rate for second-hand copies of this book. I think the word "astronomical" is appropriate.

Come down then. Discussion a while back had it in three figured.

My secondhand but perfectly good copy was £17.74 inc. postage earlier this month via AbeBooks, but from the same sellers (and bafflingly from some different region of the Amazon site) there are similar bargains even now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk//gp/offer-listing/185409405X/sr=/qid=/?condition=used&tag=bf-dt-home-21

PS - I searched via the BookfFinder.com site - always a good bet.

Clive

Thanks Guys. That is obviously one of the Third Ypres books i missed.

Hazel