Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ID Required

Harrison118

Can anyone ID this Unit.; Back of the photo says 1917 - Ralph ORD from Hartlepool but no other info.

Ralph2.png

Can't be sure but cap badges look distinctly Royal Artillery to my bleary eyes.

Can you try uploading the photo' direct to the post so we can play with it? I am unable to do so via photobucket.

I' d agree with artillery and No 3 Battery Mess. A couple of the chaps appear to be wearing three tier shoulder titles so a TF unit

not technical enough to get the size of the picture down so i can upload it any suggestions

not technical enough to get the size of the picture down so i can upload it any suggestions

Are you aware that all your family photos are also visible to us on Photobucket?

I wasn't, goes to show my technical skills on the internet as well as the PC. Glad those pictures of me in the shower are well hidden then or have been removed.

Thanks for the heads up.

Whilst here i am looking for a cap badge of the 72nd field company royal engineers. A TA unit, would this have had the standard Royal engineers cap badge or their own?

Apologies if this talks down to you. May be useful next time. Shower photo's excepted!!

Once you have the items on your PC if you have Microsoft Picture Manager it can easily be used to size each image to suit the Forum limit of 250kb.

Right click the image then "open with" choose MS Pic. Mngr.

Once open, top right, left click "edit pictures"

You may now want to use the other limited enhancing tools, or,

Right side menu choose "compress". the menu now gives application options, docs., web, etc. and the file size of the original image

Click the option giving the largest file consistent with 250 kb limit

You may now want to "save as" using a new name or add comp to the existing in case you need it again.

You should now be able attach the image to a post via "Choose Files" button at bottom left of New Post.

Apologies if this talks down to you. May be useful next time. Shower photo's excepted!!

Once you have the items on your PC if you have Microsoft Picture Manager it can easily be used to size each image to suit the Forum limit of 250kb.

Right click the image then "open with" choose MS Pic. Mngr.

Once open, top right, left click "edit pictures"

You may now want to use the other limited enhancing tools, or,

Right side menu choose "compress". the menu now gives application options, docs., web, etc. and the file size of the original image

Click the option giving the largest file consistent with 250 kb limit

You may now want to "save as" using a new name or add comp to the existing in case you need it again.

You should now be able attach the image to a post via "Choose Files" button at bottom left of New Post.

I think you mean Microsoft Office Picture Manager and you only get that if you own a copy of MS Office and that's not cheap!

However there are other picture tools that let you compress/resize in a similar way. Personally I do exactly what Jules describes above - despite owning several more heavyweight graphics tools, MS Office Picture Manager does this really easily.