Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TOMMIES BAR

KIRKY

In a current thread I asked about food on the Somme

A couple of Pals said that there has been a problem at Tommies and it does not look good? It seems he may have had an accident?

I think this topic deserves its own thread as I am sure that everyone who goes to the Somme knows of Tommies.

Any news?

tony

Having been in Arnhem, I don't know anything about this. Will make some enquiries when I am a bit more with it tomorrow.

I know he was shut at the weekend as all his staff were at a wedding?

It seems the ambulance etc that was seen, was called for a neighbour and has nothing to do with anyone at Le Tommy.

However, he is closed this week as most of his staff are away. Those who visit regularly will know this sort of closure is not unusual.

Glad to hear that there was nothing serious at the Tommy Bar. Just love the Jupiler there.

Pauls correct there. A few years ago we spent the night at the 'Three pigeons' in Albert. Thierry, the owner was going to shut the bar for two weeks whilst he went on holiday. For the first hour or so the beer was half price. Then to empty the barrels it was FREE....I always pop in now on the half chance he's off on holiday again!! :lol:

Terry

p.s Will be on the Somme, myself, on weekend 8/9 October

:D

Glad all seems well!

Have enjoyed best nights in my life there!

Will be back 24th to 27th October!

tony

This is strange... When I mentioned to my guests that the fire brigade and the paramedics were called out for the neighbours of Tommies Bar, they reacted that they saw the paramedics coming out of Tommies Bar . This was on Saturday morning around 9 a.m.. According to them a young lad, who usually helps Dominic arrived there on his motorbike and he was told to go home as the place was going to be closed all day (as was the case on the Sunday). The fire brigade was carrying a ladder outside from the double doors just next to the main entrance. Our guests do not speak French nor understand it really well but they believe that the paramediics told them that someone had fallen seriously ill...

Charlotte