Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte.385 E W Bradley/Ernest N Bradley RAMC

The Inspector

Hi All

A couple of years ago I purchased a boxed Brit/Vic and 14/15 Star at an auction. They were catalogued as all belonging to Pte.385 E W Bradley RAMC. When I got home I found the Brit/Vic were to a different soldier. The Star doesn't have a ribbon and isn't in very good condition but the name,number and regt. are clearly visible. There are 2 MICs for Pte.385 RAMC Star...E. W Bradley D of W 28.4.18 and Brit/Vic Ernest N Bradley. The SDGW shows him as Pte 403232 RAMC D of W 28.4.18 with MM in comments. Obviously there has been a mistake made with his middle initial on the reverse of the Star but no doubt it is the same man. I have researched public trees on Ancestry and found three distant descendants, two aren't interested in the medal but the third is. She lives in France and would like to give the medal to her adopted son to "give him a sense of his past". I certainly don't want to make a profit but would like some idea of the medal's value. What would a rock bottom price be, I paid £85 for the three.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards Barry

if you don't want to make a profit then £85. A 1914/15 trio to a MM winner casualty is worth more

Just remember the family probably sold the medals once upon a time

Hi Coldstreamer

Thanks for your reply. The "trio" wasn't a trio, so what proportion of £85 would you say would be reasonable for just the Star

Regards Barry

Casualty mm winner 15 star id say 50 given condition . What's the pair ? If that's worth more than 85 it's all profit. Better ask them to make an offer then its there choice

She lives in France and would like to give the medal to her adopted son to "give him a sense of his past".

Don't mean to sound hard, but a copy of his birth certificate would seem more appropriate.

She lives in France and would like to give the medal to her adopted son to "give him a sense of his past".

Don't mean to sound hard, but a copy of his birth certificate would seem more appropriate.

Maybe his past means that of the country and not the individual

hard, yes - ww1 forum not adoption forum