Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

August 1914 map

Mike Donoghue

Not very experienced with this sort of thing. Looking for a good black and white map of Schlieffen Plan, which would appear well in a self-published novel. Have found a few in colour, but effectiveness is lost in conversion to b&w. Willing, of course, to acknowledge source. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Graeme,

I found those and like many of them. It seems unfortunately, though, that much of the detail is lost when the best ones are converted to b&w. I was wondering if anyone knew of one which would be suitable. Thanks again, Graeme, I'll keep looking.

Mike

Mike

If you have a particular favourite, PM it to me. I have a reasonable photo editing suite and will see what I can do to enhance it,

Nothing ventured etc.

Graeme

Thank you very much, Graeme. I'll give it a try. Hope it works.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

If any of the guys out there are interested in the Battle of the Marne, I have two 1935 dated training 'pams' a small booklet and 10 separate A3 size maps of the Marne area, the two 'pams' are different, one is from the battle aspect and the other is from the supply aspect. I can copy the maps if there is the interest. personal email is colfi1@bigpond.com

Thank you colfi for your offer. As far as my needs go, Graeme managed to enhance a couple of maps I found from the U.S. Military Acadamy. I've since asked for and received permission to use them.

Thanks again,

Mike