Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

medal index cards

MYMONSTAR

Hi all, I hope this is the correct forum to post this one, I have recently started to collect great war trios and joined ancestry to aid my research on the medals but the terms and abbreviations have me a bit lost when it comes to looking deeper into the individual soldiers mic details. Can anyone be as kind as to assist me in the subject if I was to post some of the more awkward ones? Like the one I will post now.

post-101199-0-78772600-1376549841_thumb.

which bit do you need to know about ?

Hi

His service records and SWB roll are on Ancestry too.

regards

Robert

Hi all thanks for the speedy response.The part that I don't understand is the word in brackets after his rank and also the letters RTS which I have been told is remount training service ?? I have his service records and swb entry. I have his bwm but sadly his v is out among the missing multitude of split sets. I also have seen a forum on the site for mic enquiries so you must forgive me posting on this forum, I will make sure I post the correct forum in future. Regards Davy.

The prefix RTS denote Remount Specials and I think that the unit 1/BRD would be Base Remount Depot, I'll have a look later to see if I can expand further on the 1/BRD

Jon

you are missing a 1914 star and swb as well as the victory

yes I only have the bwm ,, any ideas on the word in brackets after his rank ??

Nagsman, not a term that has widely survived but one that I've heard up north in the past. A Nagsman got the horses ready for their owners or who showed horses in a ring ie at auction

Jon

Thank you all for your help on this one, ive learned a few new things for my research. I shall note all of them down for future reference.