Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

10th (Prince Of Wales's Own Royal) Hussars

Martin B

Whilst I do not have a full copy of tis Regiments War Diary, I do have a huge amount of reference material relating to their activities between 1899 and 1969.

Happy to help anyone who's interested... :D

• 7 years later...

Whilst I do not have a full copy of tis Regiments War Diary, I do have a huge amount of reference material relating to their activities between 1899 and 1969.

Happy to help anyone who's interested... biggrin.gif

Hi Martin, I'd be grateful if you tell me the regiment's movements in India and South Africa between 1903 & 1914.

In India I understand they were stationed in Rawalpindi most of the time but the 1911 Census shows them at Lucknow, so don't know when they moved.

In SA I find references to Potchefstroom and Bloemfontein but not sure when where.

Many thanks.

Alan

• 5 months later...

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for placing that kind offer on here.

I am currently researching those men from my village who lost their lives in the two World Wars and included within them is a Serjeant Frederick David Curl 4364 10th (Prince Of Wales Own Royal) Hussars who died of his wounds on the 30th October 1914.

http://www.flamsteadpc.btik.com/Documents/FlamsteadWarMemorial

So far I have been unable to locate any War Diary entries that might describe what happened to Serjeant Curl and simply wondered if, amongst the documents you might have, there may be anything about Serjeant Curl or what his unit was doing in the days leading upto his death.

Any help you could give would be most gratefuylly received so we can commemorate this casualty properly.

Simon