Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

National archives at kew

ianhwason

The LF war diaries for the 1st Bn (86th Inf Bde 29th Div) and 9th Bn at Gallipoli (34th Inf Bde 11th Div) have already been digitised and are available online. The diaries of the TF Lanc Fus Battalions (1/5th, 1/6th, 1/7th and 1/8th) in 42nd East Lancs Div have not yet been digitised to my knowledge.

MG

Hi,

Its certain periods from the 1/6th and 10th battalions that I am looking for Martin. I managed to get hold of a copy of the 1/5th's for the time period I'm interested in from the museum in Bury.

Thanks,

Ian.

Just read your last post - thanks.

The last news item from the National Archives website (dated 8th Apr) says that digitisation is complete and all the files are back in circulation. The new digitised diaries have not yet been released. MG

The last news item from the National Archives website (dated 8th Apr) says that digitisation is complete and all the files are back in circulation. The new digitised diaries have not yet been released. MG

Very interesting! I think a phone call may be in order to get an idea of the release date. Its strange, part of me now hopes that they will not be released before my visit as I am now looking forward to the experience of visiting Kew.

Thanks,

Ian.

• 4 weeks later...

My visit went well thanks to all the advice - no queue to get the readers ticket and all files I wanted were available. The only downside was that there were no seats available near the window with the camera stands. I was looking forward to the experience and enjoyed my time there - if only it was closer to home!

Cheers,

Ian.