Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Isle of Wedmore Remembers the Great War 1914-19

Timbob1001

A quick heads-up on a local project that has been running in rural Somerset, not far from Wells/Cheddar, for a while now and is now stepping up in gear...

This ia a community based project led by myself and involving the villagers of Wedmore, Blackford, Theale and the Allertons and the local schools, with the aim of holding an exhibition in November 2014 and publishing a book about those who fell during the Great War, a selection of those who returned and resumed their lives and the ‘Home Front’ in Somerset 1914-19. The local schools will be holding a series of related projects.

Please do have a look at our Facebook Page for a full explanation and periodic updates: https://www.facebook...?ref=ts&fref=ts

Several members of the GWF were a great help this project and with an earlier offshoot - the Wedmore War Graves Appeal - that was completed last year. A huge thanks!

Thanks for looking!

Tim Moreman

Edited by Timbob1001

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happened upon your exhibition in Wedmore church last year (or was it the year before?) and noted the work done to restore the WW1 graves in the churchyard - you are doing a great job. Well done!

Thanks for your kind words Phil! Feels like a long haul but the private memorials are all now repaired and the Centenary project is slowly gathering pace.

Thanks

Tim

• 4 months later...

A quick bump if I may...

WE have now received full HLF funding for this project and I am actively trying to track down anyone front he local area who might have any paperwork, artefacts or ephemera relating to WW1.

If you can help it would be hugely appreciated!

Tim

Well done with the HLF funding - looking forward to seeing the exhibition and book

Alan