Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

McMasters Maps & Aerials, new layout

ypres

Aye looks new. " Full size " maps keep ' timing out ' might take a bit to get used to. 438 maps, is that the same as before, or more?

Mike

Thanks JIM,

When it is sorted out and the full view works (on aerials and maps) it will be good.

The old site is still up and running, but I am sure there are less maps (same aerials) as there used to be. Sheet 28 only has half a dozen openable maps. Although it may just be that the catalogue has got bigger.

Phil

I've just had a look through the collection and believe it is different to the other part of the site. The maps are a selection from all Theatres.

There are some great aerials there and I found just what I was looking for - a fair number for Gheluwe / Wervicq dated early October 1918, so many thanks JIM for pointing it out.

Phil

Lets hope you are right about the full view Phil, being able to magnify would also be good (Like the other site). Not to sure Mike, how many aerials & trench maps were on other site. Anyway i am sitting in my local, with my pint and lapping it up, Maps & aerials that is!!. So far looking good, noticed some new ones. JIM