Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forces War Records Medals

Skipman

Mike

That link sends you to a page just listing medals that have been awarded. There's no mention of replicas being for sale. is there another page you mean to link to?

John

Sorry John. I assumed there would be more information on the page. This email was in my ' spam '

" Forces War Records is pleased to announce that we are now able to offer a range of official military replacement medals from World War I and World War II.

Just imagine how good these medals would look next to a scroll detailing your ancestors service displayed in a nice frame on your wall or given as a gift.

What better way to remember the war hero in your family?

We are always adding new features and products like military war medals to the Forces War Records site, which all aim to add more colour to your research and your ancestor's past.

Made to an extremely high standard, the medals are sourced from an MOD approved supplier with a very subtle 'copy' stamp on the reverse which is blended into the design work.

nb. Click on the medal you are interested in purchasing a replica for and click on the 'Buy Medal' link at the foot of the page to purchase.

Mike

I have for the last few days been on line looking for somewhere that make replacment medals and death pennys and found it seems more than one making them,I suggest that any one wanting to replace medals make sure they are getting a reproduction of the real thing and not as I've seen something that is just not right like shinny death plaques I dont think its down to having been polished or light from flash guns,I was only looking for a silver war badge.

At the price they are wanting for them, cheaper to buy an original. Other sites have reproductions cheaper as well.

regards

Robert

What an odd list of medals.

No chronological order, no KSA, no Africa Star, to name a couple, and the Air Crew Europe Star twice. Not to mention their 1914 star image is that of a 1914-15 star.

Hi Mike from here - http://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/Medals/DisplayMedals click on a medal, then at the bottom is a link saying Buy this Medal, so click on it. It then goes to a page which says the price and postage and credit card details. Maybe you have to be registered to be able to do this?? Looks like different prices for different medals and some don't seem to have that link. regards Robert