Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Latest Acquisition

DavoT

They look very nice medals, but could you, for the sake of people like me who don't have a clue, tell us what the are?

Kim, Left: Iron Cross 2nd Class, Middle: Haven't got a clue :doh:, Right: Cross of Honour with swords. 2 out of 3 aint bad :w00t:

Regards,

Sean.

Awww, thanks Sean, I thought the left and one was the iron cross, but I wasn't sure, didn't want to make a fool of myself. Hopefully David will come back and tell us what the middle one is and maybe a bit about the owner's history.

I believe the middle is a Meritorious Service Medal.

I know nothing about German medals but they do look very attractive mounted like that. Were they named ?

Justin H

A nice group. The middle one is a Medal of Merit from Baden (Silberne Verdinestmedaille) Regards Brendan

I know nothing about German medals but they do look very attractive mounted like that. Were they named ?

Justin H

German awards weren't officially named. Sometimes the recipients scratched their names on the back. However a forum member will probably be along shortly with a beautifully inscribed Ehrenkreuz. It wasn't officially done though.

Hi all,

many thanks for all the replies. Yes, the middle one is the Baden Silver Medal of Merit as Brendan alluded too.This particular example is a Friedrich II 1916-1918. And Justin, I like the way they are mounted too and no names so unknown to me who the recipient was. I do however have another trio that came with a picture of the recipient and his Soldbuch (sp)

Regards,

David