Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

info needed medals

david12656

i have been offered a 1915 trio the medals all have the same name and number but the regiments are different yorks and lancs on the star and durham light infantry onthe war medal and victory can anyone tell me why this could be and is it unusual thank for any help

The Star will have the rank/Regiment held in 1915, where as the BWM/Vic pair will have their last Regiment and (I belive) their highest rank held during the war.

Les.

If the Medals all have the same number I expect this is a naming error,when the Naming data was taken from the Roll Page when naming ocurred I expect the "wrong" Regiment was impressed on either the Star or the Pair { i have this on a Trio to a 1/1st Cambridgeshire's Sergeant who later served with the South Staffordshire Regt,his Pair is Correctly named Camb.R.;yet the Star is erronously impressed S.Staff.R.}Generally the Medals should have been named to his Parent Regiment,that he first served O/S with.

Though not common,one does find this on occassion,you are more likely to find Gallantry Awards in Groups impressed to other units,that they were serving with @ the time of the award