Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'Gallipoli 100'

Mark Hone

I have been contacted by a group called 'Gallipoli 100'. Has anyone heard about them? They don't appear to be connected with 'The Gallipoli Association'.

I think that they are a different bunch-they are talking about running school trips to the peninsula in 2015. Don't think they're planning for people to row ashore.

I have been contacted by a group called 'Gallipoli 100'. Has anyone heard about them? They don't appear to be connected with 'The Gallipoli Association'.

I think that they are a diffrrent bunch-they are talking about running school trips to the peninsula on 2015.

Perhaps it's best if you let us know exactly what it is you already have, and then someone may be able to help

Post #4 links to the establishment of the Gallipoli Association’s Gallipoli 100 Anniversary Commemoration Committee.

This committee will be working over the coming months to ensure a commemorative programme and legacy worthy of all who fought in Gallipoli.

There are other ‘Gallipoli 100’ styled groups who will be commemorating the centenary in their own way, but these are not linked to the Gallipoli Association.

If you wish to stay informed of the Gallipoli Association’s commemorative plans, please visit www.gallipoli-association.org on a regular basis or ‘like’ https://www.facebook...195718167139500

You might even like to join us http://www.gallipoli....org/membership !

Keith Edmonds

Membership Secretary

The Gallipoli Association

Thanks, Keith. I am a former member, via my school, and must rejoin. In 2005 the Association was kind enough to grant a bursary for two of our students to visit the peninsula. One of them is now an army officer.