Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SEEKING BADGE INFO

Terrry

Good morning Everyone,

I am in the process of restoring a set of WW1 medals(3) for a late member of the Royal Marines Cyclists Company - RND.

The medals will be presented to the soldiers family in a small polished wooden box .

The lid will have his name and details engraved into it with hopefuly a engraved copy of the badge.

What I am after is a pic or drawing of the badge the he would have worn at the time.

He joined the Cyclists on 18/7/1915 and I believe saw action at Cape Helles.

Once I have the project completed I hope to find some one from his family (the rightful custodians)and present to them his medals.

I have them by chance and want them returned to his family. The sooner the better.

I hope my request makes sense to you and please feel free to ask me questions if you see fit.

Best Regards

Terry

Hello

There is a website for /The Royal Marines Cyclist Company/ you may find what you are looking for ,worth a look if you have not seen it.

Crimson Rambler

Hello

There is a website for /The Royal Marines Cyclist Company/ you may find what you are looking for ,worth a look if you have not seen it.

Crimson Rambler

Thanks CR,

Cant locate the specific site unfortunately. I have been bashing my head for a while now trying to find some info without luck.

Probably just not looking at the right place I guess.

Cheers

Terry

Terry

The link from Glen works vey well.

Crimson Rambler

Or try this site: The Royal Marines Historical Society - which suggests no separate cap badge (type cyclist into the search bar). Excellent site. A model to others.

http://www.rmhistorical.com/rmhs