Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Displays at the Wyoming Veterans Memorial Museum

Pat Holscher

Yesterday I went through the Wyoming Veterans Memorial Museum in Casper Wyoming and took pictures of the displays, which I've posted at this link to the museum:

Wyoming Memorial Veternas Museum.

Most of the photos are of World War Two displays, but a few are of World War One displays, all U.S. Army, except perhaps for a Christmas Card, which appears to be from a Royal Engineer unit, although I could be in error on that.

Far down in the post displays of items brought back by returning serviceman, in WWII, are displayed. These are also mostly WWII items, but a couple of Prussian sabers are included, which may also be of interest.

Nice photos Pat and it's nice to see some decent mannikins for a change.

I must say that the trench knife looks somewhat brutal (I must see if I can get one)

Maxi

Pat,

Just took your excellent tour around the Museum, very interesting.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

LF

Pat,

I didn't even know this existed. Since my wife's from Wyoming and most of here family is in Casper (Father is in Lander) I will mark this down as a place to stop.

Thanks,

Joe Sweeney

Pat,

I didn't even know this existed. Since my wife's from Wyoming and most of here family is in Casper (Father is in Lander) I will mark this down as a place to stop.

Thanks,

Joe Sweeney

Joe, it's been there for awhile, but it had spotty quality at first. However, they hired a fellow who is a National Guardsman some time back, and he really put the effort into it and it really improved. He's also pretty open to listening to people who are knowledgable, so the museum has really come along.