Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Childrens Book WW1

HarryBettsMCDCM

Many years hence I purchased from a local Junk Shop,the Book::"Haltet aus im Sturmgebraus"~"Bilder Aus Dem Grossen Kriege 1914~1915" A Delightfully Illustrated German Contemporary Account {I presume As Ive never Translated it into English!}Of The Early Stages of The War,Produced For German/Prussian "Kinder",presumably as Required School Reading,Seeing on the Forum today a Request for the Title of a Childrens Book brought this tome to mind & I sorted it out from my Shelves & have posted some of the illustrations & Text in case forum Members Might be interested.....I cannot envisage many of these Books have survived the ravages of Two Wars & the passage of Ninety Years

:)

;)

;)

:(

:(

post-22-1094690506.jpg

post-22-1094690639.jpg

:) And finally for now![Each Page has the "Story" Opposite~theres not that many more Plates,but my Camera had run out!}

post-22-1094690824.jpg

Many thanks for sharing the terrific images. I know that there was a great deal of material published for indoctrination purposes - rather than for education proper. I would be interested to know the date of publication.

Thanks again

David

Harry,

was it meant as propaganda or more as history book?

Many thanks for sharing the terrific images. I know that there was a great deal of material published for indoctrination purposes - rather than for education proper. I would be interested to know the date of publication.

Thanks again

David

David & Bkristof

The book was as far as I can establish published in 1915,as the period covered is just that,& the last item in it is the Argonne Battle{above}.It would have been a vehicle for Propaganda,no doubt, whilst giving an insight into the War as it progressed from the perspective of one Soldiers War[The little snippets I have translated seem to give a more "Historical" rather than a "Deutchesland Uber Alles" Slant,but it does seem to have a; logically; Jingoistic theme],just as no doubt similar publications promulgated the Actions of the Allies,amazingly it still has its Dust Jacket!!,which has :k m 6 10 on the Spine[Kreigs Mark 6 ~10 Pfening?]

No doubt that the allies had simular books.

Maybe they knew already it would be a long war, so they decided to brainwash the children already... :lol:

But still it is a very nice and interesting item, in excellent condition!

WAW!