Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Three War Veteran

cazna

Hi

I am a relatively new (and ignorant) collector with a recent purchase that has me wondering.

All named to the one man: John Robert Kennedy.

QSA bars Transvaal, South Africa 1902 to 7656 Tpr J.R. Kennedy N.Z.M.R. 9th CONTINGENT; WWI Trio to 7/1753 Tpr. J.R. Kennedy. N.Z.E.F.; WWII War Medal and Australian Service Medal to N104118 J.R. Kennedy.

John Robert Kennedy was born 12th February 1887 in Christchurch, N.Z. so would have been 15 in 1902. He enlisted in the Australian Army on 20th January 1941 so would have been 54 at the time, did not have overseas service with his posting at discharge being the 13 Garrison Battalion in 1943.

I have applied for his Aust. Service Records but don't know how to apply for his N.Z. Service. An email to Archives NZ asking how to go about this has not brought forward an answer.

Does anyone know of the correct web address to apply for the N.Z. records?

In this part of the world (Oz) such a group must be very unusual, but is it unusual in the U.K. with a much longer military history?

Mate,

I have a few men who also served in all three wars you mention and I think there is a question asked on this site some time ago about men who did.

While in the Army myself in the Seventies I meet some blokes who served in three wars including WWII, Korea and Veitnam another bloke who served in the German Army in WWII, The Malaya Emergency/ Indonisa confrontion and Veitnam.

I surpose there are these verterns out there.

S.B

Thanks S.B.

I also have a group WWII, Korea, Vietnam

Another WWII Korea, Malaya

These two groups span 30 years or less service (certainly a long time), where the Boer War to WWII spans 40 years.

Duncan

Here is the details to get the chaps service record

Personal Service Records

Personnel Archives

NZ Defence Force

Private Bag 905

UPPER HUTT

Fax: 04 527 5275

If you try archives NZ, they are a bunch of strategicaly shaved monkeys who feel themselves to be answerable to no one!

Mate,

I have a few men who also served in all three wars you mention and I think there is a question asked on this site some time ago about men who did.

While in the Army myself in the Seventies I meet some blokes who served in three wars including WWII, Korea and Veitnam another bloke who served in the German Army in WWII, The Malaya Emergency/ Indonisa confrontion and Veitnam.

I surpose there are these verterns out there.

S.B

I served with one who did WW2, Korea, Malaya, Konfrontasi, Vietnam and was just retiring as I enlisted.

Stevenbec - was your "...German Army in WWII, The Malaya Emergency/ Indonisa confrontion and Veitnam...." happen to be an officer in 3RAR when he retired from the Australian Army ?

Cheers

Edward