Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Missing from CWGC ? 23771 Bradley, RAMC

ss002d6252

I've come across this man - 23771 William Hall Bradley - by virtue of some information I came to share with Durham County council regarding the bio of men on their county council staff memorial.

They have a basic list of men identified (and most not really researched) so far however this man is noted as not being on CWGC or SDGW but having died on 12 Nov 17 at the RVI, Newcastle upon Tyne.He was discharged sick on 14 Aug 1917.

I have found his records and they appear to suggest his TB was military related - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/view.aspx?dbid=1114&path=B.Br.Bra.17961&sid=&gskw=William+Hall+Bradley .

Presumably a death certificate showing T.B would be needed to tie in with the service record before submission could be made for him (if indeed he is missing ?)

A DC would be required. I notice you have put others though IFCP, why not do the same. Terry and John can get the DC, have a thorough search of the Debt of Honour, if not already done, and provide further guidance if required.

Cheers Andy.

• 10 years later...

Bradley is a non-starter for commemoration, his DC shows that he died from empyaemia, exhaustion and cardiac failure, none of which is mentioned in his service record.