Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

World war1? Cap badge

Guest Lancsman

Guest Lancsman

Hi,Could anybody help with identification of this cap badge and uniform?Sorry about picture quality but this is the only photo I have and know nothing about it at all.

Many thanks In anticipation.

post-97916-0-21200300-1364302501_thumb.j

He's a Lance Corporal in the 1st Bn, Monmouthshire Regt

Has the card got any naming on the back?

Guest Lancsman

Thank you very much for the information about 1st battalion the Monmouthshire regiment.would you know if any records are kept on servicemen etc? I suspect the person in the photograph is my grandfather who lived in Lancashire ,is it possible he could have joined this regiment . Thank you again for taking the time to read and reply to these questions.

You can try and find any service records that survive for your grandad on Ancestry but a lot where destroyed during the Blitz. There is also the Medal Roll to see what medals he is entitled too plus also the pension records ..... best of luck

As for where he served etc have a look on this forums sister site The Long Long Trail, there is a link at the top of the page. The 1st Monmouthshires where the pioneer battalion in the 46th North Midland Division who where the first full territorial division to land in France.

Post his name and someone may be able to tell you more.