Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Belfast memorial...just another day

markinbelfast

Mark,

Once again mate, disgusting damage from low life yobbos no doubt. Although on a smaller scale I saw some graffiti written on the Menin Gate on Friday whilst in Ypres with my folks. It makes me very angry. I would guarantee that if I was going for a walk in the "Wee hours" around the gate or the ramparts and saw these Yobbos doing this, they would soon be swimming in the moat! Such a shame.

Best regards

Iain

These are two different memorials...the cross of sacriface is in the middle of the city cem.

The wall of names lists those Kia/dow in the city cem...the houses in the background are the Whiterock Road leading down to the Falls Road.

Hello Mark,

the desecration of memorials to the dead must surely be one of the worst forms of vandalism.

These people are idiots and we seem to have more than our fair share of them, North and South.

Regards,

Liam.

A fair comment by Liam ... vandalism knows no borders.

Mark - if one of the Memorials is in the West of the city would it contain a lot of names of men who would have joined, for example, the 6th Btn Connaught Rangers? I understand many of 'Wee Joe' Devlin's supporters joined that unit?

Des