Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Visiting London

Morval Ross

Hi Pals,

I am based in Ireland but work for a UK insurance company. I am working in the UK fom the 13th to 24th Sept andonthe 25th am off from my annual Battlefield visit. (Ireland London Ireland France will be shattered). As I will be in London for two weeks, I was hoping if anyone could advise me if there will be any great war or second world war lectures on an where, will make a difference to sitting in hotel room. I am a member of the WFA so if there were an meeting on in this period it would be great ot meat some fellow members.

An advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards to all.

Ross.

Morval,

It may be worth checking on the Imperial War museum website as well. You never know. Its worth mentioning as well that if you have time to visit this museum entrance is free.

Iain

Thanks Gents,

I see they have a lecture "The Road to Arnhem" on the 23rd. I think I can feel a Stomach Bug coming on around 11.30 am on the 23rd of Sept that means I have to go and lie down for a couple of hours :-)

Any more pals have any suggestions?, I am looking for things to fill my evenings for two weeks?

Regards

Ross Glennon

The Society of Genealogists has a lecture on the Royal Marines on Wed 22nd, but I can't open the link on their website so I don't know what period it covers.

Might be worth a look?