Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pictures of RFC airmen/NCOs

Tim Knight

I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing in the right place. I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm wrong.

I have an old postcard album of my Grandfather's with pictures of RFC people in. Some are readily identifiable, others are group photographs with no clue about place or date. I have posted a few pictures in my gallery and one of my grandfather in the public gallery. If anyone has more information about these individuals, or wants a copy of the picture for their own records, let me know. The postcards I have Include:

F Willey dated 19-2-15

JN Rogers

WF Browne

FW Goodden

Arthur Johnson

HK Hargreaves dated 12-7-17

PJ Torley dated 1915

Leonard Wright

W Coates dated 31-10-14

Hut 3C

R Newell

MB Mullery

Sergeants at Bulford Camp

Hut 35

HC Lane

HW Watts 87327 (Service number?)

Should these be posted to my own album or somewhere else or should I only post if someone wants to see it?

• 1 year later...
Guest Gerry Dobson
I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing in the right place. I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm wrong.

I have an old postcard album of my Grandfather's with pictures of RFC people in. Some are readily identifiable, others are group photographs with no clue about place or date. I have posted a few pictures in my gallery and one of my grandfather in the public gallery. If anyone has more information about these individuals, or wants a copy of the picture for their own records, let me know. The postcards I have Include:

F Willey dated 19-2-15

JN Rogers

WF Browne

FW Goodden

Arthur Johnson

HK Hargreaves dated 12-7-17

PJ Torley dated 1915

Leonard Wright

W Coates dated 31-10-14

Hut 3C

R Newell

MB Mullery

Sergeants at Bulford Camp

Hut 35

HC Lane

HW Watts 87327 (Service number?)

Should these be posted to my own album or somewhere else or should I only post if someone wants to see it?

Guest Gerry Dobson

Dear Tim,

I'm writing a history of the Widenham family, and I would dearly love to see the photo you have of FW (Frank Widenham) Goodden. I'm not yet sure how he fits into the family but the name "Widenham" is unique- all persons of the name are descended from the same guy, an Englishman living in Ireland, probably born very late in the 1500's

Thanks!

Gerry Dobson