Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Interview - Lynn Macdonald

zijde26

To All,

The Belgian newspaper " De Tijd " brings today an interview (almost a whole page) with Lynn Macdonald.

Gilbert Deraedt

Pretty big favour to ask ... but any chance of translation of the 'salient points'?

Des

There was another interview with her last week in "De Morgen". She strongly opposes the building of the A19-motorway section near Pilckem Ridge. Three cheers for Lynn!

Does that get me the MM - Milliposter Medal!!!

Cheers - never noticed until now

Des

• 7 months later...

Is there any chance this was translated, or even if the article is still available online or in hard copy?

Andy

Is there any chance this was translated, or even if the article is still available online or in hard copy?

Andy

You back to your tricks again, Andy? :P

Yepper... but to hijack my own thread This is indicative of the Super Member quandry. I've added quantitativly very little, but I love to bring these old threads back up so that people can add more.

Hmm... maybe my qualitative contribution is reminding original Pals what they talked about and charing the conversation with the newbies.

Andy

Yepper... but to hijack my own thread  This is indicative of the Super Member quandry.  I've added quantitativly very little, but I love to bring these old threads back up so that people can add more.

Hmm... maybe my qualitative contribution is reminding original Pals what they talked about and charing the conversation with the newbies.

Andy

Yes, that's an interesting twist on it. You could appoint yourself Director of Past Threads, or Head of Old Threads.

Robbie

So (desperately aiming for that red star), how about Lynn Macdonald, who seems to be pretty high in the invisibility stakes. Has she ever been seen or heard, except in Flemish?

Graham

So (desperatley aimming for that red star), how about Lynn Macdonald, who seems to be pretty high in the invisibility stakes. Has she ever been seen or heard, except in Flemish?

Yes, I met her at an excellent conference in London around five years ago.

Although very pleasant and friendly, gave one the impression of being quite shy and retiring (although that may have been in comparison to some of the other participants - Anthony Beevor, Robin Prior, Jay Winter and others).

She didn't give a paper and I don't think I have seen one advertised by her ever. However, I'm sure there were broadsheet interviews / profiles when she last published something new - that's quite a while ago, before the internet age really began in full force. A new publication by her, covering the last 100 days of the war, has been pending for yonks.