Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

French Journee Du 75 Medal

Grandpacarr

Hi has anyone seen an item like this one before it is made from stamped silver sheet,[quite a heavy gauge will not bend easily] A French Medal with the words Journee Du 75,

the dates of 1914 to 1915 are stamped along the bottom of the medal. There is also a type of monogram also at the bottom it looks like C.T.F. but I would not like to say what order they should be in.

Also stamped into the medal is an image of a French 75mm quick firing Artillery Piece

post-55186-0-40224900-1360362189_thumb.j

post-55186-0-01958100-1360362303_thumb.j

They are common and there is a multitude of different types...eg Journee du Poilu. Day of the 75 , Day of the Poilu. Fund raising items rather like modern day appeals where you get asticker if you donate to the charity street collector. Usually retail £8 to £10 /12. I saw a lovely framed collection of about 50 plus variations not long ago.

Regards

TT

They are common and there is a multitude of different types...eg Journee du Poilu. Day of the 75 , Day of the Poilu. Fund raising items rather like modern day appeals where you get asticker if you donate to the charity street collector. Usually retail £8 to £10 /12. I saw a lovely framed collection of about 50 plus variations not long ago.

Regards

TT

Many thanks for your reply,I do not collect medals ,only badges to the West Riding Regiments,which is probably why I had never come across these items before, I can however see the attraction of them to collectors they are really very nice items.

• 7 years later...

T.C.F. means Touring club de France. The association who organise the first Journee du 75.

The TCF was involved in several charity action during ww1 and perhaps ww2. 

Sincerely

Gabelou