Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The First Four Battles of the Isonzo

Guest AmericanDoughboy

Guest AmericanDoughboy

As I will be visiting the Italian Front next Summer, I am asking if there will be any special services held in Italy at the time of the 90th Anniversary in 2005? Your help would be greatly appreciated if you could acknowledge me of such things.

Also, I would like to ask where a good place to stay would be in Kobarid, Slovenia (Caporetto) and by the Isonzo? As well as in Venice.

Regards

-Doughboy

Guest AmericanDoughboy

Paul,

Thank you for that. Also, as you are going next month, is it possible for you to take photographs of the Kobarid Museum of the Italian Front? I would like to see what exhibits they have there, as well as their shop and collection in the museum.

-Doughboy

Paul,

Thank you for that. Also, as you are going next month, is it possible for you to take photographs of the Kobarid Museum of the Italian Front? I would like to see what exhibits they have there, as well as their shop and collection in the museum.

-Doughboy

Sure, I am going to do some walking with Joze Serbec of the museum info@kobariski-muzej.si, can do pictures, going back to Asiago too.

• 2 months later...
Saw this article in the Independent, and thought I'd share. Andy

I have a couple photographs of Mount Krn, Krn Lake and nearby mountains (like the infamous Mount Batognica also known as Mt. Rosso) taken last year. If anyone can help me to upload them on this website.... I have never done this, so I don't know how to do this. :(

lp,

Klemen

It's nice that not only italians goes to see these places. When there go to the Military Monument of Redipuglia(Gorizia). It's the biggest we have here,and it's a grave to almost 100000 italian soldiers of WW1. It just leaves you speechless!