Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

wanted: Gate/Ryder Medals

wulfrik-the-wanderer

Hello everyone,

on the very lucky off chance anyone has these or sees these medals could you give me a shout?

I am looking for a 1915 Star, War and Victory medal and the wound badge group belonging to 274 Pte. Edwin Gate 18th D.L.I

and

war and victory medal belonging to 1066 Pte. Charles Haydn Ryder 10th Lincolnshire regiment (KI.A. 05/07/1916)

-funnily enough I have Charles's brothers war and victory medals but not his? (his brother being 1006 pte. Thomas Ernest Ryder 10th Lincolnshire Regiment)

warm regards

Haydn

Haydn

Not in my collection and I have quite a few Grimsby Chums.

If you don't mind me asking, is the Haydn name an old surname?

If so, are the family from Grimsby/Cleethorpes?

I just wondered as I did a bit of research for a gent from that way on, though his relative was with the 1/5th Bn., wounded and lost a leg at Hohenzollern Redoubt.

His family originated in Norfolk and travelled up with the fishing industry.

Dick

Just had a quick look through my Lincolns medals. I have some medals to Ryder, though again Ernest.......he served later with the Labour Corps.

From the North East/Sunderland area.

Dick

Just had a quick look through my Lincolns medals. I have some medals to Ryder, though again Ernest.......he served later with the Labour Corps.

From the North East/Sunderland area.

Dick

the name Haydn name is an old family name of mine, me being called Haydn Gerard Gate, my great uncle being 1458224 Sgt Navigator Haydn Deryk Ryder (died 11/111943 with his lancaster) and his uncle being 1066 pte. Charles (Chaz) Haydn Ryder (died 5/7/1916)

all of the Ryders where from the Leeds/Wakefield area.

hope this helps?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=76455472

Right on.....no link to Norfolk, then?

Right on.....no link to Norfolk, then?

as far as I'm aware there was none, they are some what rarer names so with hope if they are floating about some one might have seen them.