Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Can anyone identify this cap badge please?

high wood

The whole of this cap badge is probably not visible in the photograph but none the less I am struggling to identify the unit. The badge appears to be relatively small and circular and probably has a crown. The photograph was taken by the Electric Studio Co Ltd who had branches at Woolwich, Aldershot and Chatham which leaves the field wide open in regimental terms.

Does anyone have any ideas what the cap badge is?

post-6480-0-62852200-1356936270_thumb.jp

The Bays was my first guess, too.

Yes, I think it looks like the Queen's Bays too. Do you have a full length photo?

post-599-0-21997300-1356951195_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone. I had considered the Queen's Bays as it is certainly the right shape but it does seem a little small unless of course he is wearing an extra large cap. I thought it was more a Life Guard's size cap badge in terms of the space it occupies as it is barely the same size as the hat band. It is also worn very high on the cap.

I do have a full length photo which I will post when I get home from work.

I think that this is a full size badge in the picture. It may be the fact that he is wearing it in a higher position than normal on his hat band that makes it appear a little strange. The collar bage would be much smaller, about half size, I think?