Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

R.F.A 10th division movements

bigdave2683

Hi everybody.

This is only my second post so bare with me!

Im trying to trace the footsteps of my great grandfather during his military campaign. I no he left Avonmouth on the 15th June 1915 with the MEF. After that i have no solid facts of his movements. I am told that he sailed to Salonika via Cairo? But i believe he was (at some point) also in Mesopotamia He was a gunner in the 10th division of the Royal Field Artilary (67th btn? the writing is difficult to read!)

I am trying to find out EVERYTHING i can about his trip and campaign until he came home, from the name of the vessel and length of the voyage to any battles he took part in and where he stayed. He left the army after the war ended so i know he served for a number of years and its that blank i am trying to fill.

If i have missed any relevant information please do tell me, and i look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me.

regards

dave

here is a copy of his miliary history sheet, i cannot make out the details as it is badly damaged

post-94945-0-16231500-1355343261_thumb.j

thank you very much indeed, reading the information of the 13th division that would seem to tie in more with the records i have from kew. One of the documents dated after the war (when my great grandfather applied for a reference) states

Headquarters A Bty 67th bde RFA 10th Div

Would i be right in thinking that after the war the reference would be to his last posting? I have his statement of service but it only ever refers to the 67th bde

He was presumably discharged in 1919 on coming home and being with the Battery HQ of A Bty/67th may well then be his last posting [and that would be cited on a reference] - he may well have served with the same unit throughout his service. That is quite possible.