Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Liverpool Scottish

PA Jock

My grandfather served with the Liverpool Scottish from 1914-18. And I have built up a collection of cap badges in honour of his service. Ian Riley's work is to be much commended.

One question I have is did the Liverpool Scottish strike a cap badge in brass during WW1? Would like to acquire one if so and the "first badge" of White Horse in circlet

From an exiled Liverpudlian in PA USA

Thanks Daggers,

P.A.Jock,

The Liverpool Scottish did not have an all brass cap badge.You occasionally come across bi metal glengarry badges of the 10th Kings but these are spurious ( if well made )

Peter

post-63-0-36040800-1353228496_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

My grandfather served with the Liverpool Scottish from 1914-18. And I have built up a collection of cap badges in honour of his service. Ian Riley's work is to be much commended.

One question I have is did the Liverpool Scottish strike a cap badge in brass during WW1? Would like to acquire one if so and the "first badge" of White Horse in circlet

From an exiled Liverpudlian in PA USA

PA Jock.

Sorry that I have only just seen this as I was connected to more tubes that I care to mention in a hospital bed when you posted this which was what Daggers meant by 'unavailable'. [Daggers, if you are reading this, I will update you by e-mail but recovering well!]

The WW1 cap badge has never been in brass or bi-metal as I understand it (and as Peter observes) and our Honoray Curator, Dennis Reeves, asserts that they have always been in white metal with a very few in hall-marked silver produced when the badge was reintroduced when V (the Liverpool Scottish) Company of the TA transferred from the 1st Battalion, 51st Highland Volunteers back to the King's Regiment. It left the King's (Liverpool Regiment) in about 1937 (from memory) with a lock, stock and barrel transfer to the Corps of the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders,l a connection which had been developing since WW1

As my notification system from the Great War Forum has completely collapsed for some reason for the last two weeks, I suggest that you contact me by e-mail through the Liverpool Scottish Museum Trust link unless you already have done under some other name.

Ian

Max are you not thinking about the London Scottish ?

P.B.

Strange I was replying to a post about a half size pagri badge,the post now seems to have disappeared.!!!!

• 11 years later...

Gents,

This is an old thread of course but this just popped up on Fleabay so I thought it appropriate to add here for the good and benefit;

10TH BATTALION KINGS LIVERPOOL SCOTTISH PIPE MAJORS CAP BADGE BI METAL ON... | eBay

Regards

Mark

Liverpool Scottish fake PM badge.rev.jpg

Liverpool Scottish fake PMP badge jpg.jpg

Really? Should I not?:D

Seriously, they would have to get up very early to catch me with that one! I saw it whilst looking for something else and figured it would be helpful to anyone looking for info here.

Best

Mark

• Admin

Time to call a halt please any further correspondence by PM 

"Members may not comment, or seek comment on the accuracy of description or honesty of any item offered for sale whether on line or in other places (including, but not limited to, Auctions and Ebay)."

Forum Rules

• kenf48 locked this topic