Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

William Joseph Chamberlain, No Conscription Fellowship

Alan Tucker

He was a leading absolutist and edited the NCF monthly - Tribune - during the war.

I have a lot on his political career 1914-1930s but I am desperate for anything pre-1914 as I cannot find him on the 1911 Census or post c1931 when he left Birmingham to work as a Labour Party press officer.

He was also ILP.

Two helpful sources which I do not have access to might include the Digital Times and the Dictionary of Labour History, 12 vols.

Thanks

Now found him on the census - typically bad indexing as Chamberlin. Also died 1945.

He was a leading absolutist and edited the NCF monthly - Tribune - during the war.

I have a lot on his political career 1914-1930s but I am desperate for anything pre-1914 as I cannot find him on the 1911 Census or post c1931 when he left Birmingham to work as a Labour Party press officer.

He was also ILP.

Two helpful sources which I do not have access to might include the Digital Times and the Dictionary of Labour History, 12 vol

The Tribunal was a weekly from its inception in 1916, until publication staggered a liitle towards the end of the war. It was never formally a "monthly".

Will Chamberlain was necessarily editor only until his imprisonment in late 1916.

After the war he was editor of the Birmingham Town Crier.

Thanks I have got that and now made further progress e.g. printer and journalist in Exeter before the war after he left London.