Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

DSO copy recomendation

beestonboxer

Hi , am hoping that someone out there could tell me where is a good place to get the best copy of a DSO ww1 issue . Although i am missing some other medals in his group i do have his ww1 medals 1914 star , silver war medal and victory medal would like to obviously get a real DSO but i believe these to be very scarce, so for now i am thinking about adding a copy, so are there any good copies on the market ?. Any comments welcome .

Hi , am hoping that someone out there could tell me where is a good place to get the best copy of a DSO ww1 issue . Although i am missing some other medals in his group i do have his ww1 medals 1914 star , silver war medal and victory medal would like to obviously get a real DSO but i believe these to be very scarce, so for now i am thinking about adding a copy, so are there any good copies on the market ?. Any comments welcome .

There are copies for sale on ebay, but just how good they are I cannot comment. It would probably be worth contacting Chris Dixon of Dixons Medals on 01262-603348 and he may be able to advise you about copies or even supply you with a good copy.

Good Luck.

Robert

Far better to save up and buy a good original DSO - it will enhance the value of the group in the years to come. Likewise its good to try and re-unite missing medals - for example via medal tracker on the web.

Good quality copies are fine for display purposes of course - but the quality and price can vary.

Philip

I know a original DSO would be the ideal solution and would prob spend the money on one , i have been looking for the last few months at different sales and dealers but have been unable to see an original for sale .