Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Two for one victories ?!

stan

I was reading a book called Jagdstaffel 356 (by Kahnert), yes I know its from the early 1930's and it is a work of faction (fact mixed with fixtion) and I know it is part propaganda etc etc..... BUT

It says: "We are in the year 1918 when every feat must be rewarded. General Hoppner has therefore announced that every balloon shall count as two machines and carry a premium of 500 marks and a fortnight's leave."

Any comments????

Ah, Triggers, I don't think Gaylion would quite agree but I'm sure young Farmer would back you up!

Gaylion, classic LOMF if you ask me. Windier than winter on Salisbury Plain.

Farmer, good lad, shows promise.

I - DO - wish he would get a Commision though. SGT Pilots are fine...but one wouldn't actually want to be one !!

Triggers

Young Farmer is all well and good ...quite a fine chap in a rural sort of way , and first rate as giving the hun what for ....but an officer !!!....steady on old chap ...he is a blacksmith after all . Far better to keep him where he belongs ...it's kinder to the lad .

Well I'm afraid you're behind the eight-ball blackie old chap. Alan has been made an officer and although the ol' Bravington was a bit narkie seemed to make a fair fist of things - not bad for someone who was once courtmartialed for cowardice (didn't stick of course - possibnly due to the fact that Mr Conrad was such an horses rear end, VC or not!).

As for Gaylion I don't know about LOMF I'd say no fibre at all - feed the bound lots of Kellogs All-Bran.

Well Blackie,

Looks like you stand the Mess then. Be a good chap, mine's a Jamieson's no water.

The thing about the Irish,isn't it? Can't spell "Whiskey" but make a damned fine one!!

Come on Mr Farmer, what will you have?