Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

History of the 2cd Div 1914-18

Guest fbdownes

Guest fbdownes

Hi Just wading through the History 2cd Div in 2 volumes. Very dry but lots and lots of detailed brigades batt movements and casulties. Interspersed are stories of individual heroics that merited medals. Not a easy read but good for anyone interested in researching batts attached to the 2cd div. Has maps of the major battles with the brigades and batt's marked but the quality is poor. Worth the money though. take care fbdownes

• 4 months later...

Hi

I only just found this thread. Do you still have this book? If so, is there any mention of 2nd Division - 5th FAB - 14th Bty? (see below).

Robbie

Robbie - this history is of the 2nd Division of the British Army, not 2nd (Australian) Division; which I presume your grandfather was a part of?

Oops... I thought it was a history of 2nd Cavalry Division... :huh:

Robbie - this history is of the 2nd Division of the British Army, not 2nd (Australian) Division; which I presume your grandfather was a part of?

Thanks for this Paul.

Robbie B)

Hi,

Is there any mention of medical units attached to the 2nd Division, my grandfather was in the RAMC and sailed with the 2nd Bn Grenadier Guards in August 1914. I am not sure whether he remained attached to them or not.

Could you do me a favour and check the index to see if there is any mention

Thanks

Rod