Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ukpressonline

Skipman

Has anyone used this, is it new?

I use The British Newspaper Archive, and am interested in how this compares.

ukpressonline

" This is your gateway to over TWO million pages of the 19th-21st Centuries’ newspapers, from 1835 to today, all as published on the day they were published and all searchable by name, word, phrase and date.

The ukpressonline database is a spectacular resource for historians, publishers and the public – anyone who wants to explore history as seen by the reporters and commentators who were there.

With every page available in thumbnail, small preview, full-size view and ready-to-print PDF with live text, and page-by-page browse of editions, this is one of the easiest on-line newspaper archives to explore.

Anyone can search by name, word or by date for free, to view all available thumbnails; with a free registration, you can use the Advanced Search; with a subscription to an archive, you can view, download and print pages at full size.

You can find a newspaper from an important date – which could be your birthday. (If you want to know what happened on the day you were born, search the day after your birthday.) Or search for all editions covering your chosen topic, team or personality’s greatest moments.

Packages are available to all Educational and Library establishments worldwide, providing central access to educators, students and Library users. "

jj01n4.jpg

Mike

I've tried it via an academic login and its certainly different to the BNA but not sure its any better.

Thanks for that. It looks like it is more for National Newspapers, so might be useful for the bigger picture ( if you believe what the Newspapers say?)

Think I will stick with the BNA

Mike