Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ww1 medals inc imp service medal

madman

hi all sorry it appears this uploaded blank i was unaware , my question was would imperial sm be worn with ww1 pair or not as it was not military cheers all

all the best nathan

hi all sorry it appears this uploaded blank i was unaware , my question was would imperial sm be worn with ww1 pair or not as it was not military cheers all

all the best nathan

all the best nathan

Wow, you're having posting problems; that line now repeated three times! But in short answer. Why shouldn't it be? It is an official award, is listed in the official order of precedence of British Orders, Decorations and Medals, and is awarded on behalf of the Crown. I suspect it may have been awarded long after WW1 service too. Apart from their position in the Order of Precedence, there is no issue with 'military' and 'civil' awards being worn together*. As a long service award, the ISM should go after the WW1 medals (and any other campaign medals).

* For example, let's say someone gets an MM in WW1, and later gets a Civil Division MBE (the Order of the British Empire has Military and Civil Divisions). The MBE, as an Order, goes in front of the MM regardless of its military status and earlier award.

Cbeers for the clarification i was unsure as like you said it was official issue just wernt sure weather it was allowed amongst military cheers again