Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

National Reserve List

ddycher

All

Does anyone know if there was ever a definitive National Reserve list published ? I am trying to identify each of the 15 districts in Devon.

Regards

Dave

Can't remember if I've directed you to these two links before and apologies if I have. Regarding 'lists' of NR units, then may I suggest, you try and find if the 'Minute Books' of Devon Territorial Force Association still survive as generally, this is where you will find information on the NR. Infromation may also exist in local Devonshire newspapers.

http://armyservicenumbers.blogspot.com/2009/03/national-reserve-regulations-1911.html

http://armyservicenumbers.blogspot.com/2009/03/national-reserve-regulations-1913.html

Thanks Graham.

From the local papers (atleast those Digitised) I have only as yet identified 4 of the 15. Plan to get to the minute books next time I am in the UK.

As always appreciate the help.

Regards

Dave

• 6 years later...

Back looking at this after a number of years away and am now able to flush out 9 of the 15 districts. Never did get a chance to get to the UK to find the DTFA Minute Books ref'd by Graham above.

Anybody have any new pointers on the National Reserve ?

Regards

Dave

• 1 year later...

Coming back to this again. Still looking for a more definitive ref on the National Reserve.

Was eventually able to close out all 15 districts and am now building a map of the sub-districts as they impacted recruiting in Devon at the beginning of the war. As a subset of the Territorial Force and their Reserve and Provisional Bn's this has proven a fascinating study. Still got many many holes but was able to build a reasonable picture.

Any further insights would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dave