Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cigarette cards

1st east yorks

Thought i would highlight the following item on ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MILITARY-HISTORY-WW-1-ARMY-CORPS-DIVISIOINAL-SIGN-CIGARETTE-CARDS-FULL-SET-/390467453486?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item5ae9ac822e#ht_500wt_1361

It may be of interest to someone who has £35-£40 going spare

Anthony

One things for sure, its gonna make a lot more than £35-40.

Sean.

I don't know about that. Set 1(cards 1-50) went for 5GBP last month, and regularly go for between 5 and 9GBP, and Set 2 (Cards 50 -150) went for 17GBP last month, so 35-40GBP seems a bit excessive.

Regards

Chris

Just shows what I know about card collecting :blush: I would have thought an item like that on e-bay would spark a bidding war! Obviously not too rare then?

Sean,

You never know what could occur on ebay when a few determined bidders, with little knowledge of values, get their teeth into it. A real bidding war could erupt and the cards could go for a motzer and way above their real value. I have seen it happen before with badges.

Regards

Chris

Sean,

You never know what could occur on ebay. I have seen it happen before with badges.

Regards

Chris

Chris, I know!! I paid £18 for a 'shiny seventh' badge once. Couple of day's later, one went for about £6 :devilgrin: what a mug!

Aside from the monetary issue it's a first rate reference source - wouldn't part with mine.

Edit: Seems not to have sold.

Tim

Tim, looks like it will have to be re-listed with a more realistic 'start price'. Seems Chris was correct in his valuation!

Regards

Sean.

Sean,

I think I paid around £15.00 for my complete set. As there ain't an awful lot published on divisional insignia I for one (if i didn't have them) would have paid in the region of £25.00 without compunction.

Note of caution ( or interest - I'm an India nut ) numbers 100 + are pretty much exclusively Indian / Commonwealth units.

Charoos

Tim

I notice that the seller has re-listed it Tim. Same starting price though!

Regards

Sean.

As may be Mark, but they can't be clipped to the rear of one's bicycle with a peg...

BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR