Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Newspaper Archive problem

ss002d6252

1915 records are now online for North East Newspapers but the search facility doesn't seem to work (the search works fine for me for other time periods) - does anyone else have the same problem ?

http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results/1915-01-01/1915-12-31?region=north%20east%2c%20england&sortorder=dayearly

Well, I tried Easter and then Christmas in the keywords search and got no results found, which doesn't seem right - but as I have never found anything I have searched for on this site I may not be the best person to trust for help.

I will watch with interest.

CGM

Thanks, I suspect the images have been scanned but possibly not OCR'd as they've not long since been put up but I wasn't 100% sure it wasn't just me.

Just checked today and a lot of the pages have been taken done and the rest are still not searchable - presumably they're having technical problems.

The only 1915 newspapers for the North East are a 50 issues of the Newcastle Journal for January & February plus 6 for March. This may explain why searhes for Easter & Cjristmas are giving no results.

Peter

The only 1915 newspapers for the North East are a 50 issues of the Newcastle Journal for January & February plus 6 for March.

Yesterday the pages covered the whole of 1915, they seem to have taken them down.