Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Can anyone help identify this cap badge

Guest pk7976

Please can someone assist me in identifying this cap badge which i believe is from one of the Yorkshire regiments from the 1st world war.

It looks to be very similar to the West Riding but seems to have a rose on the bottom bar?

Any help appreciated.

Paul

post-92401-0-08812500-1347189483_thumb.j

It is the cap badge of The Yorkshire Regiment (Princess Alexandra's), as they were formally known at this time (WW1) but more popularly (and officially later) known as The Green Howards.

Hi Paul,

I agree with Phil, this is definitely the badge of the Green Howards or The Yorkshire Regiment.

It is because the top part of the badge is obscured by the shading of the brim of the hat, that makes it look like a different badge.

Robert

Many Thanks for the replies, it kind of does make sense for it to be the Yorkshire Regiment (Green Howards) as we believe the picture is

Lance Corporal Edward Kennedy. 203496. 1st/4th the York and Lancaster Regiment, formerly 2858 the Yorkshire Regiment. Killed 26 April 1918. Aged 37.

Thats why were trying to identify the cap badge as it might give us a clue to make sure the picture is who we think it is.