Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Accommodation Albert/Arras ?

SLAYER71

I will be arriving in Albert or Arras by train around the 25,26,27th of september I have not pre-booked any accommodation will I have trouble getting any where to sleep?

If I will have trouble which town has more available or should I try Amiens.

Will the tourist offices recommend or even book a room for you if needed?

Thanks all once again. ;)

I have stayed in Arras and it seemed to have a number of hotels of the Ibis type. In fact this is where we stayed and use it again next time I'm in the area, we had booked but it wasn't full at the time. You can book through the Ibis website or over the phone and I believe you can even cancell on the day before a certain time.

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/index.html

Hope this helps, I haven't stayed in Amiens so this is a slightly bias view.

Ali

Arras is the bigger place by far and has a greater number of hotels that might have availability "on spec". However, much better to book and be sure.

Go to www.site-hotels.com which covers all the French Deparments.It links to the individual hotel web sites which can be very informative when choosing an hotel.

There is a some overlap with the logis de france and chain listed hotels.

However using these two sites will give you a wide range of selection.

For instance, 9 hotels are listed under Arras on the www.site-hotels.com web site.

Regards

Frank East

Hi

My Father, Uncle and I wil be staying in Albert from the 29th Sept for 4 nights., We are staying at the Hotel Do La Basilica on the main square, Basic hotel but perfectly fine for a weary battlefield hiker, no Bar though, noit many in Albert I am afraid. I think that for a single room it is 50 euros a night and 60 for a double. It cost more to get the lady of the house to smile though. Nice family run hotel, the son, Didier, is a great chef.

Web : http://www.hoteldelabasilique.fr

Email : Hotel-de-la-basilique@wanadoo.fr

Hotel de la Basilique

3 et 5 rue Gambetta

80300 Albert

Tel : 00.333.22.75.04.71

Fax : 00.333.22.75.10.47

Hope you enjoy the trip,

Ross

Slayer... Do a search on the Forum for Albert, there are several threads about where to stay in Albert and what to do there. (Although there is not much!) I stayed at teh Best WEstern on the edge of town. It was a fine hotel, and although it was out of town I had no issues getting back to the city center in a few minutes, and could walk it too. Although I didn't eat there (in retrospect, perhaps I should have) the hotel also had a good restaurant.

Good luck, and have a great trip.

Andy