Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

8th Battalion Seaforth Highlanders

Peterhastie

Could anyone kindly supply me with the war diary for the above which covers August 1917

• 2 months later...

Sorry I've just seen your post.

I have 8th Bn, 44th Bde and 15th Div for that month. Are you after a look-up on someone?

Hi

May I ask if you have the WD for the 8th Battalion for Sunday 28 July 1918, please.

(Also after the 7th Battalion for Friday 14 July 1916 if you have this battalion)

many thanks and apologies for hijacking Peter's thread,

Regards,

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

I will check in a while when I have my PC fired up (am on iPad just now)

My granddad was with the 6th most of the time but information has surfaced recently that he might have been moved to the 8th probably in 1917. He was wounded and captured around October 1917 and on a recent trip to Kew I collected information on the 8th but I am not sure I went as far as 1918 as Granddad would not have been with them.

If I have it I will let you know however I do know I have no info on the 7th (sorry)

Hi Graeme,

I have just checked and unfortunately my last month of diaries is December 1917 I would have liked to have copied more but with a limited amount of time and a long list of things to do...Kew isn't on my doorstep so I have to plan quite carefully and anything extra I can get is a bonus. I'm not sure when I will go again but it won't be this year but perhaps the beginning of next. I am interested in the Seaforth Bns in general but the 6th mainly as granddad and 5 of his cousins served and 3 out of the 6 of them were with the 6th Bn. So the 8th is probably something I will follow up with on a later trip.

I hope someone else can help you with this one and am only sorry I can't.