Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Uniform identity please

Guest cujo10

Hello,

This wedding photograph was taken in Liverpool.

I was wondering if anyone can identify the uniforms the lads are wearing?

Maybe the Kings?

Thanks.

post-91837-0-38264100-1344864438_thumb.j

I'd say it's post-war, judging by the clothing and the collar badges on o.r. uniforms. If they are King's, then Liverpool Scottish (10th King's), or possibly - if later - the LS as a battalion of the Cameron Highlanders. The badges are very indistinct.

The glengarries indicate a Scottish regiment. Liverpool Scottish wore diced glengarries as seen below.

With collar badges on the SD jackets, the photograph is likely 1920s vintage.

With solid gelengarries, could be Cameronians (Scottish Rifles), Black Watch (unlikely given shape of collar badges), Highland Light Infantry, Cameron Highlanders or possibly Queen's Edinburgh Rifles of Royal Scots. With brass buttons on the jackets, it does not appear to be Cameronians (SR).

Could you post a close up of cap badge with more resolution?

EDIT: If I had to guess, based upon the shape of the collar badges, I would say Highland Light Infantry.

c443881a9f16.jpg

Thanks very much for your help guys, the photo was sent to me as it may possibly contain a picture of my Grandfather.

The picture was scanned at a low resolution - I have had a tinker with it however the cap badge becomes no clearer.

I'm working on getting a higher res copy. I know my Grandfather was in the KLR but not sure of the battallion so the Glengarries with the no dice probably rules him out being one of the uniformed lads in the picture.