Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bavarian Medals

Rob Bulloch

I have set of 5 Bavarian medals I would like to get mounted on a bar.( The German equivilant of court mounting?) Would any members of the GWF know any medal mounting service that could do this for me.

Best to the forum. Aye Rob

This is an Example of the mounting I would like.

Cheers Rob.

post-56-0-68579400-1343046946_thumb.jpg

Roy. I posted the photograph from my files as an example of the type of mounting I was looking for, I took it for granted that the medal you pointed out was an early "The Merit Cross". But now on refection the ribbon for that particular medal was blue and white. Now I am not sure what the medal is?? If you have any idea's on it please let me know.

Aye Rob.

It's a Württemberg Friedrichsorden.

OAK4..Thank you for that information. Cheers Rob.

Thank you Rob

AOK4 thank you, I pick up two post cards to the same soldier, 1 in Field Grey with just ribbon showing, the other one post war showing the medals. Is the Württemberg Friedrichsorden higher then an Iron Cross

Cheers Roy

In the lower picture the Bavarian MVO Kreuz without crown and with swords (3 Form 1913 - 1921)

has been mounted backwards, so its impossible to tell for certanty what class it is,

the center medalion on the I Class, and Ii Class of this model was enameled.

The last medal is a Bavarian military service medal III Class for 9 years service,

military service in time of war was doubled when calculating towards service medal criteria.

Connaught Stranger.

• 3 weeks later...

I have set of 5 Bavarian medals I would like to get mounted on a bar.( The German equivilant of court mounting?) Would any members of the GWF know any medal mounting service that could do this for me.

Best to the forum. Aye Rob

Hi, Try:-

http://www.gamedals.co.uk/?p=1

http://www.merseysidecollectorscentre.co.uk/medal_mounting.asp