Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

BRITISH INFANTRY SWORD & COMMISSIONING PAPER

harribobs

BRITISH INFANTRY SWORD & COMMISSIONING PAPER

BELONGED TO A MAJOR AWARDED D.S.O. IN WWI Item number: 2263133287

I thought this may be of interest to the forum, I won't bother to repeat the full description but it's the first time i have seen a sword with documents and the two scabbards.

I may well have a punt at it myself!

WHY?

He was not a Manchester's Officer! ;)

The Yorkshiremen out there will no doubt have a good tussle over this one as you say nice lot. His DSO casualty group must be out there somewhere.

Or is it in the East Yorks Regiment Museum?

Anyway fancy a guess at the closing price?

£600.

Regards.

Paul.

Hi Paul

although my main interest is the Manchesters, i also am interested in swords and this one in particular looks very interesting, so much so i had second thoughts about bringing it to the attention of the forum!!

final price? hmm well it's had NO bids at all yet, i would suspect around £300 myself, but there's no science attached to ebay bidding, all it needs are a couple of tykes to start throwing their money around (that's something you don't see very often! ;) )

Sorry to sound like a Jonah, gents, but how do you know it`s that officer`s sword? Nothing on blade and maker`s mark probably not attributable. Phil B

m13pgb

Jonah? not at all, sometimes it's too easy to get carried away

i email'd the seller and asked the question, there is no 'proof' as such, but the current seller bought them from someone who had (and kept) the fathers sword

so (as usual) there is an element of doubt but the seller does have 100% feedback in six years

You pays yer money and takes yer choice. Just be sure that 12 months down the line you won`t be thinking " I wonder if it`s really his". I`ve no reason to doubt the seller, but he`s giving you info as given to him by a third party that you don`t know! Good luck, anyway! Phil B

Kingsman!

hi paul

the price at the of auction was :-

Winning bid: US $437.99

Approximately £240.65

now how much did you bet me? :lol: