Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

E bay Fraud?

303man

I see that there seems to be a bit of grief going this persons way. In a previous thread the comments were, it all seemed a bit iffy!

link to item just see the negatives 2258937673

Guest Pete Wood

Something strange is going on here. If you dig a bit deeper, you'll find that the seller (and their spouse) are still trading without problems - or so it seems. I am wondering if their old account was hijacked.....

Here is their main website which also gives all their contact details! http://www.christyscollectibles.com

RT's right.... something strange is a foot (about 12 inches I hear you say!)

Checking their e-mail address on their site and compare that to a "previous" EBay username, the ISP is completely different. OK, people change ISP's etc, but not a general move when running a business.

Their current supplier is "charter.net", whereas up to June '03 when the user became "active" again, their previous was "verizon.net". Me thinks 'twas a hijacked e-mail address and they had to change it for all the necessary reasons.

I think?!?! :blink:

Les.

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Interesting...........then why not respond to the e-mails from buyers complaining that their goods have not been sent?

If their account was hijacked surely they would notice - you are advised to look at your account everyday, I seem to remeber being advised when I joined.

Ian <_<

it looks like ebay have woke up

"christycollectibles( 218) Not a registered user "

Interesting...........then why not respond to the e-mails from buyers complaining that their goods have not been sent?

If their account was hijacked surely they would notice - you are advised to look at your account everyday, I seem to remeber being advised when I joined.

Ian <_<

Probably a dormant account that was hijacked by a crook, who traded on the accounts past positive feedback.

Someone tried to hijack my account recently, they opened a new account in my name , with an ISP that I have never heard of, and asked ebay to make the new email address the address for the account!

It was only because I look at my email everyday, and was not off on holiday, that stopped them getting away with it. Otherwise they would be ripping people off with the aid of my 467 positive feedback!

Guest Ian Bowbrick
It was only because I look at my email everyday, and was not off on holiday, that stopped them getting away with it. Otherwise they would be ripping people off with the aid of my 467 positive feedback!

Exactly - there is a good lesson for everyone there!

Tony - I hope you or eBay have identified this low life?

Ian

Exactly - there is a good lesson for everyone there!

Tony - I hope you or eBay have identified this low life?

Ian

Ian

I hope that ebay have caught him, although they have not told me that they have. He hgad an account with something called _80msn.com, which I have never heard of. He puts the name of the person whose account he hopes to hi-jack in front, like this:

your_name_@80msn.com

Last year my eBay account was hijacked but eBay fraud section noticed within a few hours and before any monies had changed hands and put a stop to it, apparantly I was selling Computers. The hijackers changed my password and e-mail address and tried to use my "good" name/feedback to entice people to part with good money. The new e-mail address was in Hong Kong, the Computers were supposedly being despatched from Italy and you were asked to send your money to an account in Germany but in US Dollars. How they got my original password to change my details I will never know as I am not usually the gullible type who answers the spoof eBay notices etc. Ebay, however, were not willing to pursue the matter further and stated that it was up to me to register the attempted deception with the police should I want to take the matter further. After sitting on the telephone for best part of 3 hours to my local constabulary I gave up. :angry:

Steve

Not being an e-bay user and having given it a wide berth, I wonder, after reading of this fraud, if anyone here has had any good, honest bargains from the site in respect of WW1 memorabalia?

Tom

Not being an e-bay user and having given it a wide berth, I wonder, after reading of this fraud, if anyone here has had any good, honest bargains from the site in respect of WW1 memorabalia?

Tom

Yes Tom, I've had literally hundreds.

Steve

Tom,

Unfortunately, like most things, you only really hear about something when it's gone wrong. I've been using Ebay for several years and never had a problem.

Les.

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Tom

Yes Tom, I've had literally hundreds.

Steve

As my bank account proves.

Steve - I will pop those medals in the post just before I jet off to Bermuda ;)

Ian

Hi Steve

Last year one of my friend's on ebay who I buy crystals off discovered she also was selling computers, she was able fortunately to get it sorted out without any harm done.

Best wishes

Mary